Main Activities of SVM, Mumbai are:-
- Satsangs at Colaba are held every day.
- Satsangs at Mata Ram Pyari Darbar, Khar are held twice a month (first and third Wednesday)
- Dada J.P. Vaswani’s ruh-rihan or English talks are organized regularly at KC College or Khar Gymkhana or other venues.
- St. Mira's Kindergarten - A Pre-Primary School consisting of Nursery; Jr. & Sr. KG is run by the Mission at Malad where over 150 small children are given lessons through play school.
- Sadhu Vaswani International School - A large school complex has just been started by the Mission at Sanpada, Navi Mumbai, which is being formally inaugurated by Dada J. P. Vaswani on Sun, January 7, 2007 at 11.00 am.
As of December 2006, Classes upto standard IV are already functional. The existing strength is 99 students, we have 20 confirmed admissions for next year and 70 applications forms are under process. The classes will be upgraded by three standards up to standard VII from next academic year 2007-08 and another three standards a year after that.
On Completion, most modern facilities with well lit & ventilated classrooms; laboratories; library; huge playground and other facilities are to be provided to the students at the school, in addition to a 700 capacity State of Art fully Airconditioned Auditorium.
- Need based help is provided to poor students by way of books, notebooks, school & college Fees, scholarships etc.
- IOL Cataract Eye Operations - In association with Lions Clubs & Sandeep Foundation, we hold regular camps at Ghatkopar, Panvel, Shahpur and Dhule. Regular supplies of Medicines & Lenses is given to two major Eye Hospitals, namely, Shatabdi Hospital & Rajawadi Hospital, for poor & needy Patients. Over 1500 Eye Surgeries have been facilitated through these camps & Hospitals.
- Open Heart Bypass Surgeries - Every month, atleast one open heart bypass surgery is organised at the reputed P. D. National Hinduja Hospital & Research Centre. In addition, eight bypass surgeries are performed during the "Thanks Giving Week" every year which takes place from Feb. 18 to Feb. 25. In total, over 25 heart surgeries are organised through the Mission every year.
Heart Operations are personally handled by Brother Sunder Lalwani, who ensures initial investigation of the economic condition of the patient & direct them to other institutions for necessary financial help. The patients are personally attended and taken to the Hinduja Hospital for check ups, admissions, surgery & discharge. Follow up visits are also made at their houses to ensure proper medical & physical care to the patients.
- A Charitable Homeopathy Clinic is run at the Mission premises under experienced doctor daily from 11.00 to 1.00 pm.
- Medicines - Every Tuesday, free medicines are given to the poor & needy patients at Lokmanya Tilak Municipal General Hospital, popularly known as Sion Hospital. This act of service is performed selflessly by our dedicated volunteers Mr. & Mrs. Mahesh & Geeta Muniyal. Need based help is provided to needy patients at the Hospital.
Other Help Provided
- Disaster Help - Our dedicated team of Volunteers & Members is always ready to provide instant help in case of any Natural Calamities & Disasters, like Earth Quake; Flooding etc.
- General Help - Mission provides other need based help to the poor after due verification. Our volunteers and members personally supervise any medical and educational help and provide financial & other help in kind.
Meatless Day Activities 2006
Two large Meatless Day / Kindly Observe No 25 Hoardings were displayed at Tardeo Circle & Worli (Opp. Poddar Hospital) – Thanks to the efforts of Mr. Rajesh Aidasani.
- Veg Food Festival was organised at Radio Club on Saturday, November 17, 2006 which was well attended by over 1,500 people. Ms. Manju Nichani compered the function and made announcements of the events at regular intervals. Celebrities like Mr. Greg Chappel (Coach for Indian Cricket Team) accompanied by Ms. Samantha (from Australia), Mr. Nirajnan Hiranandani, Mr. Mangharam Sipahimalani, Ms. Rashmi Uday Singh (the well known food critic), Mr. and Mrs. Parvati Khan, Mrs. Maya Shahani and many others graced the occasion. A sum of Rs. 100,000.00 was collected as sponsorships. Banners of the sponsors were displayed. We hope to save atleast a sum of Rs. 88,888.00 from the event which shall be spent on the welfare of the animals.
- Peace March was flagged off from the Sadhu Vaswani Marg (World Trade Centre), Cuffe Parade to K. C. College with two floats, devotees, school and college children, numbering over 1,000 participants. A small closing ceremony was held at the K. C. College where Prof. Bhambhani received the torch.
The Chief Guest was renowned Film Artist Mr. Boman Irani who entertained the children with his witty dialogues and highlighted the importance of Vegetarianism. Ms. Samantha surprised the audiences with her deep study on diet, which she said has helped her cure her Cancer and has been instrumental in her young looks and excellent health. Mrs. Maya Shahani also spoke a few words about the vegetarianism while Prof. Bhambhani read out the Pledge on Meatless Day.
A short play consisting of small stories on Vegetarianism was organised by the students of K C College “Dadaji ki Kahania”. Principal Ms. Manju Nichani very efficiently compeered the whole function & kept the audiences glued to their seats. The programme ended with a vote of thanks by Ms. Manju Nichani. The guests were then served snacks and tea at Ms. Manju’s office where Mr. Boman Irani & Ms. Samantha expressed their support for vegetarianism.
- Pledges - Our members & volunteers have been working hard to collect pledges from various schools and colleges. A total of over 7,10,866 individual pledges were collected, with the major contributions coming from Brother Ramesh Ambwani & Family (over 2.15 Lacs), sister Maya Janghiani (approx. 95,000) & Meatless day Convener, SVM, Mumbai, Mrs Ranjana Shivdasani working with the help of Mission boys & other volunteers in collecting over 2.50 Lacs.
Meetings were held with the chief of the Municipal Schools, Mrs. Geeta More Patil, who helped getting bulk pledges from Municipal Schools. Meatless day Pledges Stalls were organised at the Guru Nanik Birthday Celebration Venues at National College, Khar & Dussehra Celebration venues.
Sadhu Vaswani Centre Ulhasnagar
Sadhu Vaswani Centre, Ulhasnagar is run under Sadhu Vaswani Mission, Mumbai. It provides need based help to poor and needy, like medicines, repair of houses, construction of toilet blocks in the houses of poor, especially with young girls as family members, providing them safety, security and hygiene.
- Free notebooks are distributed by our Centre at Ulhasnagar, apart from providing scholarships, help for fees, books, etc. to the poor students.
- Homeopathy Clinic as well as a TB clinic is run where check ups & expensive medicines are provided at very nominal cost of Rs. 5 per day. They have satsang & other activities on the lines of Sadhu Vaswani Mission, Mumbai.
- Peace March held on November 23, 2006 - All the committee members met at 9 am in C.H.M. College premises. A truck, a Sumo and seven private cars were decorated. Peace March started at 10.30 am with devotees, school/college staff and students, carrying Meatless Day placards throughout the procession. Procession covered the route C.H.M. College, Shivaji Chowk, Nehru Chowk, Siru Chowk, Ulhasnagar – 1 Police Chowki to Sadhu Vaswani Garden. Throughout the procession bhajans were sung and announcements were made. At the final destination Pushpa Didi from Brahma Kumari Centre highlighted the importance of Meatless Day. Aarti was performed in front of Sadhu T. L. Vaswani’s Statue. All were served refreshments. The committee members were invited to Peace Park of Brahma Kumari’s and were served refreshments.